Effective Maintenance planning (EMP) ensure that the plant and machinery used in mining, oil and gas, manufacturing, petroleum refining and mineral processing industry is in the best possible working order.
Maintenance Planners apply EMP methods by undertaking a range of maintenance inspections and scheduling maintenance processes. They plan and organise preventative maintenance processes such as oil analysis, condition monitoring or vibration analysis, non-destructive testing, thermography, and ultra sound, as well as predictive maintenance processes like lubrication and sensory inspections, and periodic component replacement. Maintenance planners analyse the risk of process failure, ensure that correct spare parts are stocked, undertake performance measurement, and try to ensure that maintenance costs are kept as low as possible.
The benefits of EMP include the following:
• Reduced equipment downtime
• Reduced spare parts liability
• Less maintenance
• Increased productivity of maintenance teams
Why Effective Maintenance Planning
Keep plant and machinery operational, reliable and optimised.
Align teams on the actions required to achieve maintenance goals.
To provide detailed estimates for budget and time.
To minimize risk.
What makes a good Maintenance Planner
• Highly skilled and qualified; having 10 to 20 years of relevant trades experience.
• Have a sound knowledge of the principles and practices of planning and the skills in implementing planning and coordinating work activities,
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders (maintenance, reliability and operations),
• Ability to write clear, concise and accurate work descriptions
• Tech Savvy – ability to use and interpret the sites Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS),
• An organised systematic thinker – to allow for correct job sequencing and resourcing preventing lost time,
• Good communication skills – the planner needs to ensure the technician or tradesman has enough information to execute the job without having to stop for additional information. The planner also needs to be integrated within operational teams so that scheduled maintenance is not held up by equipment needing to be taken offline
• Knowledge of the relevant legislation. For example on mining operations in Western Australia Classified Plant Management often falls to the Maintenance Planner. Non-compliance can lead to loss time, poor reputation and in the worst cases – injury or fatality.
Rapallo Recruitment and Labour Hire
Did you know that Rapallo has a labour hire division? We do and it is a service that we have been providing to the Goldfields, Murchison and Pilbara since 1993.
Rapallo’s recruitment division supplies quality labour support services where required, from shutdowns to short and long term placements – both professional and trade based.
We provide a high calibre workforce that employers can rely on.
Rapallo place trades and operators Click Here and engineering and maintenance management professionals for the mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and logistics based industries.
Effective Maintenance Planners and Supervisors
Rapallo provides maintenance planners and supervisors with broad, site-based experience to meet your long-term or short-term needs. Carefully chosen by our resourcing and management team with a proven background in the management and supervision of maintenance teams, Rapallo provides the best in contractors and specialists. Our Maintenance Planners and Supervisors are backed by our engineering and asset management teams.
Engineers – Support for Maintenance Planners
We have over 20 years of experience partnering with our clients to attract the best specialist engineering resources to help in implementing corrective maintenance actions and repairs EMP plans and schedules. Our Engineers are supported by our engineering, environmental and asset management teams.
• Civil Engineers
• Structural Engineers
• Environmental Scientists / Engineers
• Mechanical Engineers
• Mining Engineers
• Electrical Engineers
• Reliability Engineers
• Safety/WHS/ HSE Officers
If you are looking to hire labour to perform in your business, chat to the experts in engineering, and maintenance planning. Call Penny in our Kalgoorlie office on (08) 9091 5399 or drop in for a chat at 10 Broadwood Street, West Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Perth Recruitment Office
For Perth and WA wide based labour hire call Grainne in our Perth office on (08) 6279 0900.10 Elmsfield Road Midvale 6056.
Looking for engineering and maintenance Jobs in Kalgoorlie, Goldfields, Pilbara and Western Australia?
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and give Penny or Grainne a call.